The National YoungArts Foundation (YoungArts) announced yesterday that is now accepting applications to join for the chance to become a 2017 YoungArts Winner. The official time frame to register is from June 1st 2016 through October 14,2016. For those who are not familiar with the institution, since its foundation in 1981, YoungArts has been dedicated to identify and nurture the nation’s most accomplished up-and-coming artists in the visual, literary, design and performing arts, exposing them to professional and educational once-in- a-lifetime opportunities.
“The [YoungArts] program not only validated my hard work as an artist, but more importantly, gave me the resources, coaching, and artistic relationships to help me grow as a writer and take my work to new heights. I am so grateful for all the opportunities granted by the program, as they have truly shaped my craft and expanded my artistic perspective,” said Ashley Gong, 2016 YoungArts Winner in Writing from Sandy Hook, CT.
So, if you or someone you know – a friend, cousin, neighbor, brother/sister- have a passion for the arts and are between the ages of 15 and 18 or in high school grades 10-12, this might sound like music to your ears, as it can be the life-changing experience you are looking for.
At OutLoud, we love art and want to encourage all artists nationwide –who qualify that is- to take advantage of the great opportunity and submit their applications online at http://www.youngarts.org/apply.
Here are some FYI deets you need to know:
- To be eligible for recognition by YoungArts, applicants must be between the ages of 15 and 18 or in high school grades 10-12 (as of December 1, 2016)
- They’d have to be either a United States citizen or a permanent resident.
- You must demonstrate excellence in the visual, literary, design or performing arts.
- YoungArts Winners are selected annually through a blind adjudication process, and recognized at the Finalist, Honorable Mention or Merit level.
- Most importantly, you have to have the desire to fight for your dream of being an artist.
Don’t forget that the applications deadline is October 14, 2016 at 11:59pm EST.
Should you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to reach the programming staff at (305) 377-1140 or email@example.com.
By Cynthia Paola Bautista