The Summer 2018 chapter is coming to an end and the school year is soon to start again. So the question is, are you ready? As a student, you’d most definitely want your new clothes and supplies to be on-trend, because no one goes to school wearing Silly Bandz and bell bottom jeans anymore. It’s a whole new time now, and back-to-school shopping is the best way to start embracing it, while also saving money.
- Staples is offering 20% off school supplies when a backpack is bought online, and up to 80% off of other school supplies like notebooks, pencils, binders, and glue sticks.
- Office Depot is offering weekly deals before school starts, so it’s always best to check consistently. Right now, you can save up to 80% off on over 100 Back To School items, as well as 30% off a regularly priced purchase of at least $30.
- Best Buy has student deals where you can save up to $150 on current prices for laptops, depending on the brand, as well as $50 off a selected iPad Pro.
- Amazon sells plenty of must-have items for back-to-school, besides essential supplies, including: bluetooth headphones, an iPhone battery pack (or any portable charger), a nicely sealed pencil pack, and a planner or writing journal to stay organized.
- JCPenney is having sales with up to 60% off selected styles and online shoppers get an extra 25% off $100 or more with the code: 7BIGSALE.
- Macy’s is having a sale where they are giving 60-70% off their “Last Act” products and clearance handbags & accessories. Their “This is Big Sale” is also giving an extra 20% off select departments with the promo code: BIG. These bags include the best trending Kipling Seoul Go, Michael Kors, Calvin Klein, and Tommy Hilfiger backpacks. As if that wasn’t enough, they are additionally giving 50% off juniors’ dresses and 50-75% off women’s shoes and sandals, along with their Time To Shine BTS sale.
- American Eagle is doing a buy one get one 50% off sale for jeans, joggers, and shorts in stores and online. This is a popular sale amongst college students, so don’t you dare miss it!
- Amazon and Five Below are always there when all else fails, offering affordable clothes and tech gear that will make you stand out from the rest. Must-have clothing accessories would definitely be: jumpsuits, overalls, any Adidas matching sets (including shoes), Nike sneakers, or any on-trend sporty kicks.
And finally, after you’ve got clothing and school supplies checked on that checklist of yours, all that’s left is mental preparation. A new year means that you can start fresh and work on creating a better you! Going back to school, or starting it for the first time, is a great moment to start setting your goals up for what you want to improve and succeed in. Visualize a triumphant new school year, with perhaps new friends and new professors, in a whole new learning grade ahead of you.
by Shelsia Rameau